Thursday, September 18, 2014

Unfinished Business

I first created this blog in 2010.  The vision at that time was to create a forum in which single, Christian women could come together to discuss life issues while simultaneously encouraging one another.  The blog was a huge success, reaching sisters as far away as Asia, Europe and South America.  

I can't tell you how many accolades I received and to be honest, I truly enjoyed every aspect of the endeavor.  But as time passed, as you can imagine, the naysayers began to creep in.  I'd be lying if I said their cruel words didn't hurt because they did. Nevertheless, I did my best to press on.

Between the years of 2006-2011, several events occurred in my life (we'll talk about those later). But it was during that time in which many untrue rumors began to swirl about me. At first I tried to ignore them but unfortunately, I eventually confronted them.  Why did I do that?  Instead of praying more, I talked more.  As a result, "I" eventually made the decision to step down from ministry at my home church (I was on the minister's roster and a Sunday School teacher) and I also found a new church home.

In hindsight, I wish I would have stood my ground, after all, I'd done absolutely nothing wrong. But I've learned that the enemy has a way of magnifying situations (if we let him) to the point where we don't always see clearly.  Once I left my ministries, I also deleted my blog.  My moral was low, my two sons lost interest in church and to be honest, I was very tired, hurt and had no desire to do anything except live my life.

And that's was I did.  I lived my life!  I did anything I felt I was big enough to do!  I simply didn't care anymore.  I felt that if "people" were able to do what THEY wanted, then I should too!  And adopting that attitude was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life. I regret it to this day.  Let me be the first to tell you that regardless of what the enemy "tries" to bring to you or against you, nothing compares to the safety found in God's loving arms.  God is after all, our "refuge in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:9)  

After a few years passed, I found my spirit to be in a chaotic mess, yet there was a yearning in my soul that nothing nor anyone could fulfill but felt I'd blown my chance at whatever God had for me.  Isn't that something?  Despite being in sin, I still wanted God and unbeknownst to me at the time, He was still waiting on me.

Then one day, I met a very soft-spoken first lady in Cleveland, Ohio who I opened up to. She spoke loving yet powerful words of life into my spirit and encouraged me to restart the blog because, as she said, there was still some "unfinished business" to attend to.

So that's what I've done!  I'm back!  Sisterbreak was and is ordained of God.  My vision is to reach not only single women but also hurting women.  Women who feel as if they're barely holding on. This blog seeks to assist in reviving and restoring those single women of God who may have seemingly lost their way with love and no condemnation.  

So please, take a little bit of time out of each day for a "Sisterbreak" as we love and encourage one another.  We will complete this journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment