Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Another Year

Yesterday I was blessed to celebrate my 47th birthday.  I thank God for allowing me to witness yet another year as I fully understand that many don't make it this far.  This year I decided to go somewhere I've never been before.  Therefore, I packed my bags and traveled to Niagra Falls, NY as I'd always longed to see it.

I must say that I'm glad I went and that Niagra Falls is absolutely breathtaking.  The rock structure, added to the force of water is an amazing testimony of God's immanent power.  I stood in awe as I watched the neverending flow of water crash to the rocks below.  I rode the "Maid of the Mist", which is a boat that takes its passengers for an up close and personal look at the falls and then I donned a poncho and sandals as I made my way through and up the "Cave of the Winds."  These are experiences I will never forget and I'm now composing a list of new destinations I've like to see.
 
As I reflect on my trip, I also give God praise because I can recall a time, as a single mother, when I couldn't even afford to take my children to Burger King, let alone a trip.  My financial status at that time was one of strict budgeting, which left little to nothing for entertainment or even relaxation.  I can remember watching other women go on trips and thinking to myself that I'd never be able to something like that.  But over time, God blessed me with new opportunities which opened new doors and soon, I was able to take advantage of different activities with my children and alone. 

So for those of you who are reading this and thinking, "I can't afford it", understand that this period in your life is simply a season.  Just because you can't do it now, doesn't mean you'll never do it.  If you continue to hold onto God's hand, He has a way of changing our circumstances in ways we could never imagine.  His Word says, "To everything is a season and a time to every purpose under the heavens." (Ecclesiastes 3:1) 

  Please sisters, don't get discouraged if  your "right now" doesn't allow for certain activities.  A "right now" is definitely NOT a "never".  Who knows?  Your season could be changing at this very moment!  So learn to thank God for what you 'can' do, thank Him for what you already have and dare to praise Him for what's yet to come!  Hold to His hand and each year will get better and better.  Don't ever doubt it!  I'm a living testimony.  







No comments:

Post a Comment