Wednesday, October 22, 2014

God Will Provide


A situation that occurred last week is the inspiration behind today's post.
"Behold the fowls of the air:  for they sow not, neither do they 
reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.  
Are ye not much better than they?"  (Matthew 6:26)



My home church holds Bible Study each Wednesday evening and I live approximately 30 miles away.  So last week after work, I went home and changed clothes, ran an errand and off to Bible Study I went.  After leaving Bible Study later that night, I ran a few more errands and began to make the trek back home.  I decided to take the back, local roads instead of the Turnpike (which would have been much quicker), as I'd noticed a nail in one of my front tires.

About ten minutes into my journey, I began to feel my car pull towards the center of the road.  Immediately I wondered if the tire had flattened, so I pulled into a dark parking lot that was set close to the road.  It was raining outside and by now it was around 10:00 p.m., so any hopes of finding an open garage was next to impossible.  I exited my car and true enough, the tire was flat.  What was I going to do??? The area which I found myself in was kind of remote minus a few closed buildings, with a dark park across the street and a very small, shack-like bar (that I only noticed later).  Immediately I began to text and make phone calls for assistance but to no avail.  I was stuck, plain and simple. And yes ladies, I wanted to cry but I didn't.  Instead, as I sat in my car listening to the rain dance on the ceiling, I said a quick prayer.

Even though I had a jack and spare tire in the trunk, I'd never used them personally.  I'd watched others change tires in the past but never really paid any attention to what they did.  Nevertheless, I was determined to remember and somehow change the tire.  So I knelt on the wet ground, with rain still pouring and basically began to fiddle with the "contraption."  It quickly became apparent that I didn't know what I was doing.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a man appeared and asked if I was okay.  Since it was dark and I was a single woman who was alone, I told him that I was fine and was about to change my tire.  He must have noticed that I didn't know what I was doing because he replied by asking, "Have you ever done it before?"  I gave up and answered, "No."  So he said, "let me help you."  In the rain, a complete stranger got on his knees and changed my tire.  Not only that, he taught me how to do it myself so that if it ever happened again, I'd be prepared.  Just as he was finishing up, someone who I'd text, had left work and pulled up.  My problem was solved and my need was provided.

I tell you this story to remind you that whenever you feel as if you're backed up against a wall with no help, remember that God is able and He always has a ram in the bush to help you.  He DOES care for you for the Bible states, "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you" (I Peter 5:7)  Remember, just as in the picture above, our heavenly Father provides for the fowls of the air and He'll do even more for us.

As a single mother, I understand the challenges we sometimes have to face that cause us to become frantic and make wrong moves and/or decisions out of desperation.  But if we can learn to wait on the Lord, He WILL provide.  We just have to allow Him to help us and realize that His solutions don't always come in the form we anticipate.  In this instance, not only did God provide but He also blessed me with knowledge to help myself or even someone else in the future.  What a mighty God we serve!  So don't ever think God can't help your situation.  Instead, simply call on Him!  The Bible reminds us that, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  God WILL provide.

Stay blessed sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment